|Customized hard copy reprints of feature BISM articles are now available for order online. For more information, click here.
BISM Online Archived Articles
Summer 2010Spring 2010
Spring 2009 Winter 2009 2008
Autumn 2008 Summer 2008 Spring 2008 Winter 2008
Autumn 2007Summer 2007 Spring 2007 Winter 20072006
- A ‘Paradigm Shift’ In Bank-Sold Annuities?The topography of the bank annuity market is changing. Whereas before there were only asset accumulators, now increasingly there are retirees and soon-to-be retirees who are looking for help with income distribution. By Andrew Singer
- The High-Net-Worth Client: Minding the ‘Gray Zones' The road to the ‘affluent client’ can be marred by twists, turns, and even dead ends. Some of the marketing challenges were discussed at a recent conference. By Andrew Singer ’
- The Cross-Selling Challenge There has been some disappointment in recent years when it comes to cross-selling insurance services to bank customers. Here’s what might be done about it. By Andrew Singer
- From Washington: Reg B Could Mean ‘Heavy Lifting’ for Banks In 2007 Many banks continue to conduct securities transactions on behalf of customers of their trust and wealth management units without registering as broker/dealers. That could soon change. By Richard D. Starr
- From The States: Stranger-Owned Life Insurance:Issues And ConcernsIn the past few years, there has been an influx of transactions designed to allow investors to own an interest in life insurance policies on the lives of strangers. Now the states may be clamping down on stranger-owned life insurance. By Edgar O. Castro
- Technology: ‘Intuitive’ Technology Enhances Credit Union Program A new technology allows reps to ‘slice-and-dice their client databases. By Gina Lauer
- Sales Management: Working Your Book Helping financial advisors become more efficient at ‘working their book’ is one way mature bank-investment programs can maintain sales and profit growth. By Robert F. Grieb
Customized hard copy reprints of featured BISM articles are now available for order online. For more information, click here.
- Are More Banks Relinquishing Their Broker/Dealers? A few years back, it seemed that any bank of size had to have its own broker/dealer. But that was before the mutual funds scandal, the increased regulatory scrutiny of variable annuities, and new disclosure requirements mandated by the Patriot Act. By Andrew Singer